Thursday, October 24, 2013

Wednesday Blessings on Throwback Thursday

Good Throwback Thursday Morning!
My Throwback Thursday for this week is Halloween 2012: Kayla wanted to be Gene Simmons of KISS & Jamie wanted to be a Butterfly.
 
Did you see in my Tuesday Blessings post that Jamie had to have a tooth pulled? Well, a tooth coming out means the Tooth Fairy comes to see you at our house. Once Jamie found her note from the Tooth Fairy & the $2, she was very excited. It took her a minute to find it as Jamie did not sleep very heavy the night before & the Tooth Fairy almost got caught making the swap. PS....Tooth Fairy Pillow (a little pillow for the Tooth Fairy to make swaps) has been ordered so we have no waking up issues in the future.

 
After she showed Daddy & Big Sister her loot & had me read the note to them, she was ready to put her money in her piggy bank.

 
It makes my heart smile that she wanted to do that.....I'm glad we have instilled in them the importance of saving money. But that also reminds me we need to work on having them tithe.
 
The Tooth Fairy experience also reminded me of how blessed we are to have a sensitive child.....trying to keep the positive spin on this in my face as Kayla got very upset that Jamie got to have the Tooth Fairy come visit her first. The Hubs did an awesome job of talking her through it & pointing out all of the things she has gotten to do before Jamie. I reminded Kayla that the only fun part of this whole experience for Jamie was the Tooth Fairy coming given that she had fallen twice to knock the tooth loose & had to have the tooth pulled by the dentist way before it was supposed to come out. This sensitive side of Kayla is not always fun; but when I step back & look at it, I think it's going to lead her to being a compassionate person as she grows older. Praying that's what it leads to anyway.
 
I got this alert on Wednesday:

 
This is a blessing for all of the allergy & sinus sufferers (like the girls & sometimes me).
 
After school & work, the girls & I headed to dinner at McDonald's with Julia (Kayla's Viking Buddy who also happens to babysit for us). It was a nice moment of getting to enjoy the girls actually interacting with Julia.....as she is usually around the girls when I'm not around, it was really nice to witness. I am so thankful the girls have such an amazing godly example in their lives! Then we got to head to our Wednesday night activities. The girls enjoyed their time in Mission Friends & Preschool Church Choir. Since I have finally been medically released to get to workout, I thoroughly enjoyed a short & brisk walk with my friend. I've missed our Wednesday night walks! We got home in time for Jamie to have a little TV quiet time & Kayla worked on her letter for her Viking Buddy.

 
What were the blessings from your Wednesday? Tell me where I can check out your Throwback Thursday pictures if you're posting them.

1 comment:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you SO much for checking out my post. I will try my hardest to reply back to everyone that comments.