Sunday, December 30, 2012

I Must Carry Some Love to Others

Today's Unglued Blog Update
As usual...I'm just mainly putting what Lysa has said in her book with some (very little--actually maybe not at all today) of my own insight/thoughts.
Each one should test his own actions. Then he can take pride in himself, without comparing himself to somebody else, for each one should carry his own load. ~Galatians 6:4-5


Although I've learned to arrest jealous thoughts by focusing on my own load, I don't need to stop there. The next step in dealing with comparisons is to actively pursue good for others. This is taught in Galatians 6:9-10:
Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we ill reap a harvest if we do not give up. Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers.


I need to weave love, encouragement, & grace throughout my life. Grace...effortless beauty. I need to refuse to sit in that dark corner & wallow in what I don't have. Instead, I should celebrate what I do have. It will be from that place I can sow life & reap a deep & rare soul satisfaction.

A jealous spirit or a giving spirit? The choice is truly mine.

I don't want to be an empty woman -- a woman set up to come unglued. How might it change my perspective if I realized that the life I have & sometimes wish I could exchange for someone else's is a privileged life -- one many others would give anything to have?

How might I carry my own lad & carry it well today? How might I carry some love to others & expand my soul's capacity today? Oh, that I could make the choice to carry my own load & carry some love to others. I need to choose these ways over gnawing, clawing, soul-atrophying ways of wanting the illusive "it". I need to refuse the pull & drain of the empty woman's ways. Even when life is hard & chaotic, I pray I make the courageous choice to embrace what is & to fill my soul with all the good reality right in front of me.

What I am. What I do have. What I can do.

Stay tuned for the next Unglued Blog Update about negative inside chatter

No comments:

Post a Comment

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you SO much for checking out my post. I will try my hardest to reply back to everyone that comments.