Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Reevaluating

Today's Unglued Blog Update
Alrighty...more of me just telling you what Lysa has said with a little added in from me.
 
Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. ~Philippians 4:4-5
 
If I carefully consider some of the stuff I come unglued over, I honestly must shake my head. Not to shame myself, but to wake myself up & realize that there are legitimate things that warrant my mental energy. I must think: Is this situation I'm facing today, whatever I happen to be coming unglued about at any given moment, really one of those things?
 
Comfort zones don't have to be comfortable -- they're just familiar. It's where you feel like you belong. And where you come to believe you belong is where you will stay.
 
All the dumb things I can get bent out of shape about....there are times I am no more mature than my 5 1/2-year-old & 2 1/2-year-old arguing over a toy. [You know at these ages those 1/2's are important to them.] How dare I get angry over things so inconsequential. God, please forgive me! Yes, there are things that should make me angry. There are reasonable things to be angry about today, but not slight inconveniences & little things that bump into my happy. God help me to reevaluate & see things in a new perspective!
 
I am a woman in need. A woman who needs God's reality to fall fresh & heavy & close & real & too in-my-face to deny. Because sometimes I find myself talking about God so much He becomes more of an identity marker than an identity changer in my life. Having God as an identity marker reduces Him to nothing more than a label, a lingo, & a lifestyle -- I'm a Christian so I talk like one & act like one. But having God as an identity changer is much, much more. It means I am no longer the person I was before, someone who comes unglued at minor things. I am making imperfect progress. Shifting, breaking away, & being chiseled. I am a woman whose identity has been changed by coming face to face with the One who has the power to completely transform me.
 
So what in heavens name is holding me back? Seriously! What is preventing me from realizing that God's power can change me?
 
I've stopped positioning my life for miracles. In relation to my unglued struggles, somewhere along the line I stopped expecting God to work miraculously in me. This is another benefit of intentionally pursuing perspective-magnifying opportunities. It's in these types of situations when God's power is evident, that I start to believe I can experience that power in my own life. Maybe, just maybe, I can change.
 
Remember, comfort zones don't have to be comfortable -- they're just familiar. It's where you feel like you belong. And where you come to believe you belong is where you will stay. For too long I've believed a lie....I've come to believe I belong in an unglued state. All the raw emotions I've stuffed. All the raw emotions I've spewed. And all the lies I've believed that I will always be this way.
 
But I don't have to be this way. I really could have different reactions to my raw emotions. I know my progress will be imperfect, but it could still be miraculous.
 
I can be gentle. I can be patient. I can be peaceful. I'm not gentle by nature, but I can be gentle by obedience. I'm not patient by nature, but I can be patient by obedience. I'm not peaceful by nature, but I can be peaceful by obedience. I can. And I will. I can be the unglued woman made gentle, patient, & peaceful. God, please help me. God, please forgive me.
 
Stay tuned for the next Unglued Blog Update

No comments:

Post a Comment

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you SO much for checking out my post. I will try my hardest to reply back to everyone that comments.