Wednesday, December 12, 2012

I Must Remember Who I Am

Today's Unglued Blog Update
Another one of mostly my rewording & adding some of my own to what Lysa said. I just think she hits the nail right on the head!

This is what the Lord says to you: 'Do not be afraid or discouraged because of this vast army. For the battle is not yours, but God's. ~2 Chronicles 20:15b
 
Outline of the predetermined biblical procedure manual to bring godly calm to my own unglued situations:
Step 1: Remember who I am
Step 2: Redirect my focus on Jesus
Step 3: Recognize God's job isn't my job
Step 4: Recite thanks & praises to God
Step 5: Realize Reactions determine reach
 
Today, I'm going into more detail on Step 1: Remember who I am.
Alarmed, Jehoshaphat resolved to inquire of the Lord, and he proclaimed a fast for all Judah. The people of Judah came together to seek help from the Lord; indeed, they came from every town in Judah to seek him. (2 Chronicles 20:3-4)
 
Jehoshaphat had feelings of alarm that were a valid & reasonable indicator of what he was facing, but it didn't force him into an unglued reaction. Why? Because the Scriptures are clear he had already predetermined how he'd respond. The two words that immediately precede & follow King Jehoshaphat's name -- alarmed & resolved -- represent two realities that are especially significant for this struggle I have with raw emotions.
 
Alarmed, Jehoshaphat resolved. The king had resolved to inquire of the Lord. This is how I want to be. When I feel alarmed, I want simultaneously to be resolved. Alarmed, Tasha resolved. And here's what I want to be resolved to do--remember who I am.
 
King Jehoshaphat was resolved. He predetermined to remember who he was. And it prevented him from coming unglued. I need to do the very same thing. I'm not an unglued woman who is a slave to her circumstances, her hormones, or to other people's attitudes. Those things might affect me, but they don't rule me. I am a child of God, holy & dearly loved, whom God has set apart for a mighty plan. And there ain't nothing in this world worth trading all that for. Indeed, I must remember who I am. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you SO much for checking out my post. I will try my hardest to reply back to everyone that comments.