Friday, December 14, 2012

I Must Recognize God's Job Isn't My Job

Today's Unglued Blog Update
Another one of mostly my rewording & adding some of my own to what Lysa said. I just think she hits the nail right on the head!

This is what the Lord says to you: 'Do not be afraid or discouraged because of this vast army. For the battle is not yours, but God's. ~2 Chronicles 20:15b
Outline of the predetermined biblical procedure manual to bring godly calm to my own unglued situations:
Step 1: Remember who I am (click HERE for more detail)
Step 2: Redirect my focus on Jesus (click HERE for more detail)
Step 3: Recognize God's job isn't my job
Step 4: Recite thanks & praises to God
Step 5: Realize Reactions determine reach
 
Today, I'm going to go into more detail on Step 3: Recognize God's job isn't my job:
 
"Listen, King Jehoshaphat and all who live in Judah and Jerusalem! This is what the LORD says to you: 'Do not be afraid or discouraged because of this vast army. For the battle is not yours, but God's.'" (2 Chronicles 20:15)
 
Sometimes I get into situations where I'm consumed with trying to figure out what to do. The more I think through options, the more the unglued feelings come. Ultimately, the responsibility for winning this battle I'm facing doesn't belong to me. I'm not responsible for figuring it all out. My job is simply to be obedient to God in the midst of what I'm facing. God's job is results. Obedience positions me in the flow of God's power, working with God's ways instead of against God's ways.
 
God honors the heart that honors Him. I need to determine to be who God is calling me to be. This is hard, but it has worked wonders in helping Lysa stay in the flow of God's power. She suggest if I'm having money problems, marital problems, or friendship troubles then I should look up the verses on them & start applying God's Word to the situation. The issues may not change at first, but over time my heart will change. I should practice staying in the flow of God's power by keeping my words in line with God's truth. Again, not easy but absolutely transforming.
 
Operating in the flow of God's power is so much better than working against the flow of God's power. Seeking to obey God in the midst of whatever circumstance I'm facing is what positions me to work in the flow of God's power. I still have to navigate the realities of my situation, but I won't be doing it on my own strength. My job is to be obedient to God, to apply His Word, & to walk according to His ways -- not according to the world's suggestions. I want to participate in His divine nature rather than wallow in my own bad attitude & insecurities. Then I won't have to huff & puff & pout while trying to figure everything out on my own. I stay in the flow. God, in His way & timing, works it all out.
 
That's what happened with King Jehoshaphat. I'm sure if he had tried to figure out how to win this battle base on his limited strength & numbers alone, he would have surely given up. Judah was outnumbered. No question. But instead of counting themselves out, the king & his army counted God in & determined to do exactly as He instructed -- even when what God instructed must have seemed like three shades of crazy.

I'm not strong enough to do this on my own; I need God to be strong enough.....
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you SO much for checking out my post. I will try my hardest to reply back to everyone that comments.