Thursday, December 20, 2012

Perspective Changes Everything

Today's Unglued Blog Update
Ah, we meet again. And again, I'm basically letting you know what Lysa said with a little of my own stuff sprinkled in.
 
Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near." ~Philippians 4:4-5
 
Sometimes refusing to come unglued is the only way to prove to myself it is possible to have a different kind of reaction. A reaction where I remember the power of God is in me; therefore the power of God is accessible to me. I just have to put my heart in a position to tap into it. And the best way to position my heart to tap into the power of God is gratitude. Gratitude defuses attitude. So instead of listing everything I see wrong, I should start to list everything I am thankful for to help change my perspective...
I am thankful for my children who are here & not taken.
I am thankful for today's sun that shines and the moon whose light will dance with tonight's shadows.
I am thankful for thousands of steady breaths I take every day & never have to think about.
I am thankful for memories that I make with my girls.
 
Perspective. It does change everything. Perspective-magnifying opportunities are good for the heart. And I may not be able to travel afar to help with a homeless shelter like Lysa has or to another country as a mission like some of my family & friends have; and that's okay. There are other perspective-magnifying opportunities all around me. I could get involved at a local nursing home, the pediatric cancer ward, the soup kitchen, volunteer at a school where kids need tutoring, or the outreach program at a church. I did a ton of volunteer work as I was growing up. Why not do it now to serve the Lord & help change my perspective?
 
The place I go doesn't matter as much as the need I choose to see & meet. When I place myself in situations where things seem impossible, I will be able to see the hand of God in action. When I can attribute good only to God's power, I will be able to see Him in a new light & believe in His power afresh.
 
When discouragement looms close, God's power moves closer.
 
Stay tuned for the next Unglued Blog Update

No comments:

Post a Comment

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you SO much for checking out my post. I will try my hardest to reply back to everyone that comments.