Wednesday, January 16, 2013

A New Charge

Today's Unglued Blog Update
As usual...I'm just mainly putting what Lysa has said in her book with some (very little--actually maybe not at all today) of my own insight/thoughts.
 
Lysa found a verse that gave her the perfect charge with which to whisper good-bye to me....for now....as I wrap up Unglued. I'm not finished yet, but we're almost there. From God's Word:
Sow righteousness for yourselves, reap the fruit of unfailing love, and break up your unplowed ground; for it is time to seek the LORD, until he comes and showers his righteousness on you. (Hosea 10:12)
Sow righteousness for yourself. In other words, I should sow into my life the seeds of righteousness --right choices that honor God. Make these choices. Choose to honor Him in the midst of it all. Even when I am disheveled, discouraged, or dishonored, I need to honor Him still.
 
Reap the fruit of unfailing love. Every choice that honors God bears the fruit of God's unfailing love. I need to remember: nothing can separate me from the love of God (Romans 8:38-39). But that is Satan's great tactic: to get me entangled in little things that make me forget God's unfailing love. Or, worse yet, doubt God's unfailing love. I need to resist distracting entanglement by honoring God with this choice I am faced with right now.
 
Break up your unplowed ground. I don't need to resist the blessing of brokenness that tills the ground of my heart. Breaking up the unplowed ground of my heart will make it ready for new life, new growth, & new maturity in me.
 
For it is time to seek the LORD. I need to seek God like never before. Part of seeking Him is allowing for grace space in my life. Grant God's grace some space in my mind, my heart, my world. How do I do this? When circumstances of life leak me dry, I need to see this emptiness as an opportunity. Instead of reacting out of emptiness, I should choose to see this emptiness as the perfect spot for grace to grow.
 
Until he comes and showers his righteousness on you. As I give grace to those who don't deserve it, the mercy jars of heaven will lavish it back on me. I will grow. I will be able to make right choices that honor Him. I start to look at life & people --and annoying circumstances-- differently. And I will even dare to whisper "thank you" when the need for grace spaces come again & again.
 
And they will come. I have the capacity to expand the space for grace in my heart. I can be the patient woman I sometimes doubt it's possible for me to be. I just have to choose patience. Or gentleness. Or grace.
 
It's a choice.
 
Ahh....imperfect progress...soul integrity...& more space for grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you SO much for checking out my post. I will try my hardest to reply back to everyone that comments.