Saturday, January 26, 2013

I Want THAT!

Today's Becoming More Than a Good Bible Study Girl Book Blog Update
As usual...I'm just mainly putting what Lysa has said in her book with some (very little--actually maybe not at all today) of my own insight/thoughts.



Lysa has discovered that everything (including her awesome career with Proverbs 31 Ministries) all pales in comparison to the relationship with God she's gained along the way. As long as she daily makes the choice to be guided by His truth, He replaces her hollowness with a wholeness of love that has no gaps. And with that fullness from God, she can put away that heart-shaped cup she used during all those needy years. Instead of always looking to get fulfillment from her loved ones & the other blessings in her life, she can simply enjoy them for what they are.

Oh WOW, that is exactly what I am seeking!!!! I want my fulfillment from God & God alone! I want to truly enjoy each & every moment that I have in life no matter who is there or what the circumstances around me are. I want to soak in every moment. I want to fill more & more full.....to be fulfilled & content. Living in the moment with God, defined by His truth, & with no unrealistic expectations for others or things to fill me up. Not reaching back for what was lost in my yesterdays. And not reaching for what I hope will be in my tomorrow. But living fully with what is right in front of me. And truly seeing the gift of this moment.

I still need to have goals & hopes for my future, but need to no longer let them send me into a frenzy. I must continue to pursue truth that keeps me grounded & God's love that keeps me filled. Then my desperate hollowness is replaced by a desire for holiness.

Stay tuned for the next Becoming More Than a Good Bible Study Girl Book Blog Update...

No comments:

Post a Comment

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you SO much for checking out my post. I will try my hardest to reply back to everyone that comments.