Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Get Rid of Idle Thoughts

Today's Unglued Blog Update
As usual...I'm just mainly putting what Lysa has said in her book with some (very little--actually maybe not at all today) of my own insight/thoughts.

As I reflect on the Sabbath, there are 3 questions I should ask as prompted by the prophet Isaiah:
1) Where am I going my own way right now? (click HERE for details)
2) What one area of my life is more self-pleasing than God-pleasing? (click HERE for details)
3) What idle words need to be reined in from running rampant in my mind or spilling from my lips?

This blog post, I'll cover Question 3:
What idle words need to be reined in from running rampant in my mind or spilling from my lips?
The New American Standard Bible translates "idle words" in Isaiah 58:13 as "speaking your own word." I get into trouble when, instead of parking my mind on truth, I let them idle in perception. Man...that is dangerous!

This danger is yet another thing God wants to protect me from in the Sabbath --the day to be preserved.

Perception....sometimes I allow idle thoughts to run rampant in my mind for so long I confuse them with truth. I need to do less, be more, & clear out the clutter of idle words. I need to find that white space & honor God.

 Stay tuned for the next Unglued Blog Update: Letting Your Soul Breathe

No comments:

Post a Comment

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you SO much for checking out my post. I will try my hardest to reply back to everyone that comments.