Saturday, January 19, 2013

In My Heart

Today's Becoming More Than a Good Bible Study Girl Book Blog Update
As usual...I'm just mainly putting what Lysa has said in her book with some (very little--actually maybe not at all today) of my own insight/thoughts.

I want to truly understand how to pursue God with all my heart. My deepest desire is to love God & let His love work through me to positively impact those around me. I want to really see the people around me. Not just look at them --but pause to see them.



The heart of a woman is not only deep & wondrous but tender & vulnerable. Life can be rough on a woman when her heart gets snagged, entangled, broken, & sometimes shattered in ways beyond repair.

Lysa takes the 1st section of this book to address those things that pull our hearts away from the intimacy God desires with us. I'll journey through the feelings that I'm not good enough & discover what a lie that is. Then I'll uncover the myths that the things of this world can fill the gaps in my soul. And finally, I'll peek behind the haunting question that holds many hostage, "Do I really measure up?"

Lysa warns: It's about to get messy here because that's the way honesty can be. I'm not after plastic Christian answers. I'm seeking more than that. So much more. So, for the sake of my heart, let's go. Let's dare to ask what might happen if I were to become more than just a good Bible study girl in my heart.

Stay tuned for the next Becoming More Than a Good Bible Study Girl Book Blog Update...

No comments:

Post a Comment

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you SO much for checking out my post. I will try my hardest to reply back to everyone that comments.