Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Accepting the Invitation to Imperfect Progress

Today's Unglued Blog Update
As usual...I'm just mainly putting what Lysa has said in her book with some (very little--actually maybe not at all today) of my own insight/thoughts.
 
 
 
I have to decide if I am going to extend grace & laugh or come unglued. It is a choice plain & simple. And honestly, that's what all this comes down to, a choice.
 
Sometimes I might have to boss my heart around a little & in the end decide to let a truth from Proverbs 3 redirect me a bit
Never let loyalty and kindness leave you! Tie them around your neck as a reminder. Write them deep within your heart. Then you will find favor with both God and people, and you will earn a good reputation. (verses 3-4)
I don't want loyalty & kindness to leave me. I don't know about binding them around my neck, but I can absolutely write them deep within my heart. So I need to memorize this verse...or at least get the gist of it in my mind & on my heart....and it will help.
 
I think through the process of blogging this book, I've been making imperfect progress. But I do still sometimes feel I'm more imperfect than progress-making (you should have been here yesterday morning while we were trying to get out the door for school or last night when I wanted to do just a little blogging as my 'Pamper Self' time). But other times I have surprised myself & didn't come unglued when I know I surely would have before (most other school mornings & when the girls are wanting to help me do something).
 
Blogging through this book has created a healing & revealing space for grace in my life. A place where I can come just as I am without feeling the need to get all gussied up beforehand (I've either just rolled out of bed or still have a wet-head when I blog this).
 
Stay tuned for the next Unglued Blog Update

No comments:

Post a Comment

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you SO much for checking out my post. I will try my hardest to reply back to everyone that comments.