Sunday, January 13, 2013

A Step Toward Holiness

Today's Unglued Blog Update
As usual...I'm just mainly putting what Lysa has said in her book with some (very little--actually maybe not at all today) of my own insight/thoughts.
 
As I mentioned yesterday: instead of wallowing in the pit of what had been (a blow up --coming unglued due to another situation-- at the girls), I need to step out into imperfect progress & holiness. That is one step in the direction of holiness. Holiness. God says that this is possible, even for someone like me. "Therefore, if anyone cleanses himself from what is dishonorable, he will be a vessel for honorable use, set apart as holy, useful to the master of the house, ready for every good work" (2 Timothy 2:21). Cleansing myself from what is dishonorable. Yes, that is what I want. But I can't cleanse what I don't see.
 
I hope I can see my raw emotions as a call to action. Some imperfect progress needs to be made right here, right now. If coming unglued enables me to see my underbelly, then there is a good & redemptive side to it. And if it all ultimately points me to what Isaiah calls "the Way of Holiness" so that I spend less & less time unglued, then it's not merely good, it's of God:
And a highway will be there; it will be called the Way of Holiness; it will be for those who walk on that Way. The unclean will not journey on it; wicked fools will not go about on it. No lion will be there, nor an ravenous beast; they will not be found there. But only the redeemed will walk there, and those the LORD has rescued will return. They will enter Zion with singing; everlasting joy will brown their heads. Gladness and joy will overtake them, and sorrow and sighing will flee away. (Isaiah 35:8-10)
I hope to one day silence the howling sorrow of regret. And stop the sighing of a soul so spent. A soul that catches herself thinking she will never get better. Is it possible? Might all this imperfect progress & awkward steps toward holiness --these hidden treasures of unglued-- be leading me to a place where I experience gladness & joy more than sorrow & regret?
 
If we let it, unglued will allow us to become humbly & beautifully broken before Him. I pray I am more often broken & less often unglued. But if unglued leads me to being broken, I am thankful.
 
This is the upside to my downfall. Coming unglued isn't all bad. It lets me see 2 crucial things: It lets me see me --really see me. It also lets me see others --really see others.
 
And when others come unglued on me, I must remember their external expressions are internal indicators as well. Brokenness is there. I may not feel tender & gentle toward their unglued expressions or reactions, I can be tender & gentle toward their brokenness.
 
Stay tuned for the next Unglued Blog Update: They Have Underbellies Too

No comments:

Post a Comment

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you SO much for checking out my post. I will try my hardest to reply back to everyone that comments.