Tuesday, January 1, 2013

New Year's Resolution for 2013

Well, it's that time of year again. Every year, millions make New Year's Resolutions. And of course, I go along with the crowd & make them too.
 
 
According to Wikipedia, a New Year's Resolution is a commitment that a person makes to one or more personal goals, projects, or the reforming of a habit.
 
My New Year's Resolution for 2013:
To be a better me!
 
And here's how I'm going to do it:
 
#1
 
First off, I know who I am. "I am a child of the Most High God. I am equipped, empowered, talented, strong, fearfully and wonderfully made. And you may not be where you want to be, but you can look back and thank God you're not where you used to be!!!" ~Angie Smithwick
I saw this on Angie's Facebook wall. I LOVE that woman & she inspires me!!!!
 
But to help improve me, I'm going to continue building my relationship with God.
 
Building a relationship with Him isn't just about showing up on Sunday mornings, it's about spending time with Him daily. So I plan to do just that. Pictured are my prayer journal (dark blue book), Jesus Calling (LOVE this devoational), Bible (dark purple), Bible Study book I've done (currently reading Unglued...ya know, in case you haven't noticed in my blog postings & I'll be starting a new study soon), pen & highlighter, & cup of coffee (cause I need a little jolt to get me going at 5am).
 
 
#2
 
I would like to get organized. I heart planners just a little a lot! And I love that my co-worker gave me a planner for my birthday back in November.
 
I also love that there is plenty of room on each day! And the reason I love the extra room: a few days ago I got an email for a discount on an organizational planner that would come to me in a pdf file from The Confident Mom -- Practical Tips & Solutions for Busy Moms.
 
It has daily tasks for you to do daily to just help keep from having to do stuff all on one day (you know, the stuff ya do every day anyway like wiping counters, cooking, dishwasher, etc). Then there are tasks provided for each day of the year. And their are weekly tasks so you can work on one thing at a time to getting your house organized instead of trying to do it all at once. I bought it & have it saved on my computer. I've also passed it along to some of my friends who have mentioned they want to be more organized (if you would like it, I need your email address....I consider it a pay it forward kind of thing). Well, with the extra room I have in my planner, I am able to write the organizational planner within my planner instead of having 2.
I have written the tasks for each day of the year on the day (haven't done my whole planner yet, but have gotten a couple of weeks done). The daily tasks are on one sticky note & the weekly tasks are on the other. The highlights are birthdays, appointments, or activities we have going on.
 
 
#3
 
Get myself in better shape. I've been working on losing weight for about 2 years now (and I've lost about 27 lbs...and kept it off). Over the last 2 years I've used these apps:

 
I am okay with the number I see when I step on the scale now, but I am ready to shape up. So I'm going to hit the treadmill, & use
my Ab Workouts app,
 
my Kettlebell Workouts app,
 
& more xBox Kinect time with the girls! We I got some AWESOME new games for Christmas from my parents: Just Dance Disney & Zumba Core (Dance Your Abs Off). We NEED to break these out!!
 
 
#4
 
I'm going to take a little time to myself. This may be with reading from my page turners, Kindle, or both.
I am also going to take more candle-lit bubble baths. I LOVE doing this!
 
AND I can always combine reading & candle-lit bubble baths....
...by using the Bathtub Caddy at the top of this picture. I got it from my co-worker for Christmas (man she is AWESOME at the gift giving!). It sits on your tub while you're in the bath, has a spot to rest your book or Kindle, & wine glass.
 
 
So here's a CHEERS to making a better me in 2013:
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you SO much for checking out my post. I will try my hardest to reply back to everyone that comments.