Thursday, January 10, 2013

Letting My Soul Breathe

This is Today's Unglued Blog Update

I left my laptop at work yesterday so I don't have as many front tricks this morning as I'm doing this one from my phone. I also don't have a spellcheck so forgive my grammatical errors! Well, there IS autocorrect, but that doesn't always work out in my favor.

As usually, this is mostly what Lysa said & very little to none from my brain.

Any Sabbath changes --whether it's realigning my way with God's way, being a God-seeker looking for good, or stopping the idle thoughts-- won't happen overnight. But the more I intentionally practice Sabbath, the more the Sabbath rhythm will become natural to me. Inhale. Exhale. For this is the rhythm of the soul that breathes & lives; it's the rhythm of the soul that doesn't just survive but thrives!

So Lysa encourages me to seriously consider implementing some version of what she's discussed. Like, go ahead & pen-and-ink schedule my Sabbath time to rest & reflect this week.

As mentioned before, the Sabbath isn't just a time to be observed, it's a time to be preserved. The observer remembers to rest. The preserver rests to remember.

I need to Remember: it's all about God. I need to capture this Sabbath time. And then do it again next week. And the next. Sabbath can be one of the most crucial parts of my imperfect progress.

Stay tuned for the next Unglued Blog Update: It Isn't All Bad




No comments:

Post a Comment

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you SO much for checking out my post. I will try my hardest to reply back to everyone that comments.