Monday, January 7, 2013

Where Am I Going My Own Way

Today's Unglued Blog Update
As usual...I'm just mainly putting what Lysa has said in her book with some (very little--actually maybe not at all today) of my own insight/thoughts.

As I reflect on the Sabbath, there are 3 questions I should ask as prompted by the prophet Isaiah:
1) Where am I going my own way right now?
2) What one area of my life is more self-pleasing than God-pleasing?
3) What idle words need to be reined in from running rampant in my mind or spilling from my lips?

This blog post, I'll cover Question 1:
Where am I going my own way right now?
Sometimes it's hard to see areas in my life where I am going my own way instead of God's way. These aren't the thoughts my mind is consumed with while running to Walmart, filling my car with gas, or rushing to get the girls to school on time. But these are the areas I can & should consider on the Sabbath. That's when I have time to stop the rush & to pray & think -- really pray & think. Not just for short-term survival but for the ongoing revival of my soul.

Then when I start going my own way, I'll be able to recognize it & stop it.

God's way is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, & self-control (Galatians 5:22-23).

My way sometimes looks so much different. Just take all those qualities & flip them into a package that's impatient, rushed, & pushed to the limits. It's not pretty & it's not what I want. I want God's way!

But when the rhythm of my soul is survival instead of revival, I will come unglued.

Here's a verse to consider:
Follow God's example, therefore, as dearly loved children and walk in the way of love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God. (Ephesians 5:1-2)


The Message says it this way:
Watch what God does, and then you do it, like children who learn proper behavior from their parents. Mostly what God does is love you. Keep company with him and learn a life of love.


Ahhh...keep company with Him. Sabbath. Learn a life of love...Sabbath.

This is what the rhythm of Sabbath shows me. I can learn a life of love. Joy. Peace. Patience. Kindness. And all the other qualities of God. When I pause once a week to realign my way to God's way, my soul exhales, & it is good. Sabbath, oh how my soul needs this.

Next Unglued Blog Update: What one area of my life is more self-pleasing than God-pleasing?

No comments:

Post a Comment

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you SO much for checking out my post. I will try my hardest to reply back to everyone that comments.