Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Sweet & Sour Meatballs

Sweet & Sour Meatballs
2 lbs Ground Beef
1 pkg Lipton Onion Soup Mix
Dash of Garlic
5 slices of Bread, crust removed & break up
1 egg mixed in separate bowl before adding
Pepper
Onion, diced
1 lb Grape Jelly
2 jars Chili Sauce
3/4 cup water, divided into 1/4s to go into the 3 jars
 
(In this picture, my jelly is a 2 lb jar cause it's what I have...you only need 1 lb)
 
Preheat oven to 350.

Combine ground beef, Lipton Onion Soup Mix, garlic, bread, egg, pepper, & onion in a medium bowl. Mix with hands.

Roll into balls. Bake on broiler pan (line bottom part with aluminum foil & spray top of pan with non-stick cooking spray) at 350 for 20 minutes.
 

While meatballs are baking, mix grape jelly & 2 jars of chili sauce in crock pot (in this picture, my jelly is a 2 lb jar cause it's what I have...you only need 1 lb). Put 1/4 of water into each jar, shake vigorously, & pour into crock pot. Melt sauces on high, stirring often.
 

After the meatballs have baked for 20 minutes, flip them, & bake 20 more minutes. I know my pictures says 25, but for the size of my meatballs, it was too long....20 minutes would be better.
 

Add cooked meatballs to crock pot & cook on high for 1 hour. Simmer on low while serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you SO much for checking out my post. I will try my hardest to reply back to everyone that comments.