Friday, January 4, 2013

My Soul Needs to Exhale

Today's Unglued Blog Update
As usual...I'm just mainly putting what Lysa has said in her book with some (very little--actually maybe not at all today) of my own insight/thoughts.

When we rest at this house, it's usually sitting around on the couch, watching TV in our jammie~jams.


Rest. That sounds so good, but it's really difficult to do. Even when my physical body is at rest, my mind rarely is. Can anyone relate with me on this?

I feel like I am always juggling balls in my brain. With the girls' needs, home demands, & work projects, the to-do lists never stop.

Yet the Bible makes it very clear that we are to pursue rest. Literally we are to hit the pause button on life once a week & guard our rest. Guard it fiercely. Guard it intentionally. Guard it even if our schedules beg us not to.

Where there is a lack of rest, there is an abundance of stress. And where there is an abundance of stress, there is great potential for me to come unglued.

Always being on the go & keeping my stress level ratcheted high is a huge internal trigger for me. I know it. Now, I'm tyring to follow God's advice on what to do about it.

Stay tuned for the next Unglued Blog Update cause it's Time to Exhale

No comments:

Post a Comment

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you SO much for checking out my post. I will try my hardest to reply back to everyone that comments.